16 June 2005

intersection

why can’t you let me be?
either by myself
or by the the river
or in it floating
partly submerged
thinking i’m swimming
but really just
being carried along
why can’t you run with me?
slow down
speed up
go ahead and
pick me up
i’m waiting
to get to you
you remind me
of someone something
once said
can’t be unbled
it doesn’t work like that
you keep moving and
i stay away
still not believing that
to return to the heart
we must be empty
blue and staggering
just make it
to take it
in full effect
so what will bring us closer?
me running till i
collapse and you
sitting still as a
stone but travelling
further than I
could ever go?
don’t see the waiting as not
having something
for it will never come
like that
yes that
makes it easier
more bearable
on the stairs we pass
at different angles
and at night
dream
in trajectories
approaching the ridiculous

Grant Morgan 3/6/04

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home