19 February 2006

carry your boat

i’m on my back
in the middle
of the big tent
the poles are creaking
fabric flapping
like an upside down boat

i’m at the top of the mast
looking down at the deck
hearing the clicking
of minds ticking
of hearts bending
left open
to the breeze

we are moored
in a safe place
an alcove of peace
voices of love
waft up to me
i close my eyes
and faces of new friends
flutter by

i look out to the horizon
and blue grey blends
and deceives
and leaves me
sick in my heart

the ocean is big
i am small
the wind is calm
but i know
i have heard
have seen
what it’s like
out there

it’s no place
to be all alone
where no face
reminds you of home

but i’m panicking
i know what to do
prepare my craft
carry my friends
in my heart
and sail onwards

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home