13 August 2005

Because you’re two

Genevieve walked down the path
And she was happy ‘cause she was two
Behind her someone yelled, “Happy birthday!”
She turned around quickly to see who.

But there was no one
The path was bare.
Who said that, wondered Genevieve
“Is anybody there?”

“Yes, yes it’s me!”
Genevieve looked down
But the only thing she saw
Was something furry, soft and brown.

What could it be?
It couldn’t be a rock
I know, she thought,
It’s a magic talking sock.

She picked up the sock
And held it against her cheek
She didn’t know what to say
So she waited for it to speak.

“I’m not a sock,” said the sock,
“I’m something much more funny.”
Genevieve turned it inside out
And – voila! – it was a bunny!

The bunny hopped all over the place
And Genevieve hopped around too.
“Gee, you can hop really high,” said the bunny,
“I guess that’s because you’re two.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home