09 September 2005

my sister far away

flat red earth
stretches
like spilt paint
taking more space
than it really needs

i fly high
but can’t avoid
the realisation
that my sister
does her busy things
laughs her sweet songs
and dreams a cloak of stars
beyond the curve of the earth

i could drive all night
and not get half way
i could cry myself dry
but no river would connect us
i could call her name on the breeze
and clouds like chariots
might carry my precious message
might stoop to kiss her forehead
to tell her my love
but would she know
it was me
would she know
the gentle lapping
on the shore
follows the rhythm
of my heart

i follow you
i hover and pause
in my day
and i think maybe you know
that i’m your sister
that a few thousand k’s
can’t stop me smiling
when i hear you laughing
when i see you look at me
when i feel you close

1 Comments:

At 17 October, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a really close relationship with my step sister and we live 3,000 miles apart and we havent seen eachother in 6 1/2 years and i got to see her for a week over summer and it was the best week of my life and it hurt soo much to say goodbye ever sense she left i dont feel like myself without her is scarry i cant believe i went 6 1|2 years without someone i cant live a day without if i could just see her one more day i would be the happiest 14 year old girl in the world i love you krista love always thearslee aka sis miss you xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home